Monday, March 5, 2012

On the Road Again...

Wow...I can't believe its been a couple of weeks since I last posted.  I seem to have a thousand ideas through the day of things that would make a great blog topic, but finding the time to sit and write them is becoming more and more scarce.  I guess I have to resort to scheduling my "free time" where I plan to blog.

I wish the title of this post referred to me getting to travel, but the road I'm on again is of a different kind.  I'm back on the road to trying to get healthy.

When I decided to start writing, I told myself that I would not turn this into a blog about weight - or more specifically about losing it.  I have struggled with my weight...always.  I have been on every fad diet imaginable and...well you know how the rest of this paragraph goes.  It's a continuous yo-yo.  The worst part is it is not rocket science - eat healthy, everything in moderation and exercise every day.  So simple...yeah right.  Life gets in the way of making the choices we know are the right ones.

So while I will not chronicle my journey here, every now and then I may rant a little (when my sugar cravings get the best of  me), but the rants will pass.  For now, I want to focus on making better choices so that I can chase my girls in a game of tag without my knees burning.  Don't get me wrong - getting to wear cute clothes and hearing the compliments are a motivator too.  And that may be how I keep my eye on the prize.  In the end, though, the prize truly is feeling better. 
Just wish I could get to the prize drinking wine and eating cheesecake.  For now, I'll imagine my water tastes like chocolate :-).

So here is my first rant - I'm working with a system right now that will help to get rid of the toxins from my body.  Sounds fabulous - BUT it means no caffeine.  NO. CAFFEINE.  I'm a sucker for punishment I know - I have already warned the people around me that I will not be pleasant over the next few days, and I apologized in advance.  For anyone I missed, I'm sorry.  You have my permission to tell me where to go - just don't mention Starbucks and no one gets hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment