Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Is May over yet?

So I'm not usually one to wish for time to pass (I am way too sentimental about days passing too quickly), but I am looking forward to the end of May.

To say May has been crazy in my house would be the understatement of the year.  All of it was fun stuff and I wouldn't change any of it, but I'm wishing I could have spread some of the festivities out a bit.  First was my solo trip to Florida - I told you not to feel sorry for me :-)

I went to Fort Lauderdale to help my in-laws with their drive home.  As a perk, I got to spend a week at the beach, do some fantastic shopping, and read.  In fact, I got to read 13 books.  I have never read 13 books in such a short amount of time.  It's amazing what you can get through when you don't have to take care of anyone else!  I was grateful to be there, but was happy to get home to my family too.

Then the fun began.  The week I was back was filled with preparations for 2 wonderful events - that happened to be scheduled back to back.

Saturday I hosted a birthday party for my youngest.  My baby was turning seven (insert sentimental gasp here) and I had 6 seven year olds over for a scrapbooking party.  It was so much fun, and I loved seeing what the kids had come up with when they were done.  It helped that I had a superb Creative Memories consultant (who is also a dear friend) over to run the party.  This meant I could take pictures for my own scrapbook!

After everyone left, I had some crafting left to do to get ready for my little sister's baby shower - which we held on Sunday.  It was so fun to watch all our friends and family gather to celebrate the fact that we are adding a new member to our family.  My sister looked and felt great, and she got everything she will need for once the baby is born ( ha ha...so she thinks)!!  There was a little added stress to the day - we discovered that my other sister's wedding venue had burned down the night before!  She was a trooper and got through Sunday with a smile.  Now the hunt is on for a new location!!

The month of May was a fantastic one, but I admit I'm looking forward to a quieter June.  Then the fun starts again while we prep for my other sister's bridal shower and wedding!!  Maybe I should be looking forward to September! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I think you handled them both amazingly! I look forward to seeing pics of the new addition. I am looking forward to September myself, soccer, Grade 6 grad, planning holidays (which don't happed with kids LOL) and well just life and having all the kids home and babysitting....omg just a nervous reck! But I know it will be all good cause we all have each other, wine and my front porch I just need to find a smoke for the next time! LOL You rock Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm thinking your front porch will get a work out over the coming months. Now if only I could convince hubby to move closer so I could walk home after the wine :-)

      Delete