Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Shout Out to my Friends

I have written a bunch of posts about how great my circle is...I have supportive, funny friends who keep me grounded and remind me of what is really important in life.  Whether I need a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with or just someone to listen to me vent, they have me covered.  I've surrounded myself with people who are willing to put up with my craziness and for that I am very grateful.

Lately these friends (and a few new ones) have been encouraging me on my way to getting back my mojo when it comes to working out and getting healthy.  While I truly appreciate it, after 2 days of back to back exercise (legs specifically), I'm wondering if these same friends are grooming me to be the slowest of the pack if there is ever a zombie apocalypse.

I owe a thank you to Sonia who gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get out for a run on Sunday.  And I owe a thank you to Jenn for lending me the 21-day Fix program to try (the first workout I did last night).  What I wasn't counting on was my inability to walk this morning.  I am most certain that if zombies appeared and started chasing me, even my adrenaline would not convince my legs they could run with no pain right now LOL  Not gonna lie...I sort of missed the feeling that comes after knowing you have put your muscles through something strenuous enough that they hurt the next day. Sort of - getting in and out of my chair today is proving challenging!

In all seriousness, thank you to my circle for always being there to encourage me some days, and yell at me to "just do it" on others.  Not sure where I would be without you...and give me a couple of weeks and I won't be the slowest in the pack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment