Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Blogerversary to Me!

So a year ago I put my first post up.  It was an experiment in getting my creative writing juices flowing again, and to be honest I wasn't sure if this whole blogging thing would stick.  Turns out I truly enjoy it!  It's fun putting my stories, feelings and ideas down in a place that others can comment on...thank you to everyone who took the time this year to comment on my posts.  I love hearing your stories, and how I'm not alone in my rants!

I did learn a few things:

1.  It's not as easy as it sounds to find a few minutes to write a post.  I wish I had documented more, but I'm happy with what the year has produced in terms of posts.

2.  Editing is important.  I originally thought that I would just "free-flow" write and post what came out - that way everyone would know what truly goes on in my head.  That didn't work so well...I much prefer to write it all then edit it so it makes sense.

3.  Editing is even more important when I'm pissed about something.  I always feel better when I write stuff down and get it off my chest when I'm mad...but these posts are better left un-posted until I can tone them down a little bit :-)

4.  Posting about my kids has me walking a fine line.  I would find it hard not to include exploits with my family in my posts, but I do want to be respectful of what I post about them.  I try to keep it light, and they now can read what I'm planning to post before it goes up - I am, however, very conscious that what gets posted is out there for good.  I'm thinking as long as I can remember that I should be good.

All in all, I think this creative outlet will stick.  I'm hoping to blog more this year, and welcome any and all comments.  Now I have to think about what creative thing I'll try this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment