Sunday, January 19, 2014

My word for 2014

Last year I got this great idea to choose a word that you wanted to live by for that year...sort of rather than making a resolution.  My word for 2013 was "content".  Thought it would be a good idea to pick another word to help shape this year...must say I didn't agonize as much over what the word of 2014 would be...just thought of something I wanted to do to help me make the year a good one.  So here it is...my word for 2014 is:

Breathe.

I spent some time in 2013 feeling like I was holding my breath.  Whether it was waiting for test results, waiting for changes to kick in or just waiting to come out of the other side of a slump...I coped with the stress of waiting my holding my breath (ok not really or I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be around to share my word with you...but man it sure felt like it some days!).

I'm hoping that I remember than in 2014 its easier to come out the other side if I take deep breaths.  And laugh.  And lean on my friends and family when I need to.  And I'm really hoping that this year the only time I will feel like I'm out of breath is when I finally run my 10K.

So there it is...my word is breathe.  What's your word for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment