Saturday, March 23, 2013

An Ode to my Better Half

So as I read through my older posts this morning, I realized there were alot that focused on my kids (obviously a central part of life), and a few with  my opinions on this and that.  What I didn't read (other than a few fleeting mentions) was anything on my husband.

So before I get all sappy (which I warn you in advance I will), I don't want anyone to believe life is completely roses.  Like all couples we have our differences, and given than he is Portuguese and I am Irish sometimes our innate tempers flare and we get loud.  There are things that I do that drive him crazy - and the reverse is also true.  There are weeks - you know those weeks where the crazy schedule seems extra crazy - where I feel like we barely have 2 minutes to talk.

But here is thing...I truly can't imagine doing any or all of it with anyone else.  He is my rock in all circumstances; he is my cheerleader when I need it, my sound judgement when I need a reality check, my voice of reason when my inner negative Nelly surfaces.  He is the one I need to talk to most when things are going good - or not good.  I'm not sure if he realizes it, but he understands me better than anyone could.

And I won't even start about what an amazing Dad he is...if I go there this post will be never ending.

My point in putting this out there today is I know I don't tell him enough how much I rely on him.  I've always been pretty independent, and I like to believe I can do it all without help.  Truth is, the only reason I can put that facade on is cause I have someone like him standing behind me.

Thank you my love for all you do - whether it is supporting me no matter how crazy I sound, killing the bugs that give me the heebie jeebies, making sure my car has whatever it needs to make sure the precious cargo it carries is safe, doing dentist runs with the kids cause you know what it does to my mental state, or just smiling at me from across the room at the time when I need it the most - I appreciate it all.  I love you more each day and I am looking forward to growing old with you.  But please can we do our growing old in Florida...this snow and cold is not for me :-)  I much prefer the sun and the beach as our backdrop!

No comments:

Post a Comment